Case Study: Canada
- Canada is exposed to seismic risk, particularly offshore events along the west coast and inland along the St. Lawrence River
- Natural Resources Canada (NRCan), the country’s geological agency, closely cooperates with the USGS and is currently establishing a national EEW network
- NRCan deployed two SeismicAI pilot stations along the St. Lawrence River near Montreal in 2019 in order to study our system
- The stations were deployed on farmland and had to contend with both “noise” generated by agricultural machinery and extreme temperatures
- SeismicAI delivered a final report to NRCan that included a register of accurately logged events captured in real time for a range of magnitudes
- We are currently in discussions for integrating SeismicAI solutions within NRCan’s planned national networkscussions for the integration of SeismicAI solutions within NRCan’s planned national network.